Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Our Natural Hair Journey and Hair Care Regimen

Have you noticed that everyone is embracing their natural skin , hair and nails? I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I have been natural for near 20 years. I have spent so much money on stylist and products before I went back to maintaining and making my own products.

Back in the day we would use coconut oil (bergamot hair grease) and water. Our hair was healthy and maintain good moisture. If we had dry flaky scalp, we would wash our hair with pine tar (stinky), an egg, mayo and olive oil protein homemade conditioner and style our hair as usually.

Now we have so many products to choose from Motions, Patene, Giovanni, Suave, Organix, and more. I believe if we go back to what we used to do, we will have healthier longer hair. I do love The Original Mane 'n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner and their Herbal Growth Shampoo.


 Like everything else, our hair needs balance and protein to remain and healthy and grow. So, I give myself a protein treatment once a month to restore the balance and strengthen the follicle using an egg, honey, coconut oil, wheat protein , olive oil and shea butter. This treatment helps me keep my kinky curls.

Today, my Mini-me decided to do the "Big Chop" so I cut all of her permed hair off . She was so excited to go natural again but wanted to cry, when she saw her hair on the floor. Of course, she asked, "How am I going to style my hair?"  Doesn't everyone ask the same question? LOL
She will begin with wash and go's and twist.

To support her natural hair journey, I decided to cut off 8' of my hair. Being natural is fun and you learn how to love the skin your in and your hair too. :) The best part is, The Journey Never Ends.

Follow our natural hair journey via our social networking pages.

Twitter: IAMDIVAH007
Instagram: IAMDIVAH / Divah Boutique
Facebook: www.facebook.com/FirstLadyDivah





 


No comments:

Post a Comment